Monday, September 24, 2012

T-minus 1 Week!

We have less than one week until my residents and I move into the house!  I was at the house on Thursday for the weekly walkthrough.  I didn't take as many pictures as I had planned, but heres what I have.

The resident kitchen has the backsplash and countertops.

The library, with all the molding and trim in place.

Carpeting in the bedrooms and hallways

Countertop in my kitchenette

There was so much that had been done sine I was there for the Atlanta Alumnae Chapter tour!  Now we're to the point where major changes are taking place every day.

The hardwood floor was supposed to be put in over the weekend, as well as the remainder of the carpet and floorboards in the residents rooms.  The resident kitchen is going to be getting appliances and the flooring!

I had my first meeting with my residents last night, with much help from the Property Coordinator and Property Advisor.  Everyone is so excited, even if moving day is going to be crazy hectic.  I get to meet with the new member class sometime this week as well.


The weekend that GT has their Fall Break (October 12-16) I found super cheap plane tickets to go back to Michigan!!!  I am so excited to be home with Jim and to see everyone at Alma.  By then the Zeta Nus will have their new members, and I might have a great grandkiddo!


I've also been crafting.  I was given these wooden letters a few years ago.  They had been hot glued together and had fallen apart.  I was given them because I could fix them.  But I knew they wouldn't stay together.  I had originally started covering them in fabric, but then I decided I didn't like it.

What I started with.

I had pink paint leftover from my personalized cooler.

After the pink.

White paint pen around the edges makes it extra adorable
I adore these letters and can't wait to put them in my room!  I have so many plans for my room, I just can't wait to get in there and start setting everything up!!!


I'll have more pictures of the (finally) finalized house on Wednesday or Thursday.  We get the Certificate of Occupancy on Wednesday which means that my stuff can start going in on Wednesday night!  So, today and tomorrow are going to be spent packing and strategizing how I'm going to move everything over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment