Sunday, June 10, 2012

First Post

So, I've been debating about starting a blog for some time now.  However, my life is so uncertain and boring right now that I worried that I wouldn't be able to find anything good to write about.Here were my thoughts about starting a blog...

Example of if I blogged right now: “Woke up, had breakfast, made Jim’s lunch, Jim went to work, watched Law and Order: SVU and pinned shit, ate, watched more Law and Order: SVU and pinned more shit, Jim returns home from work, we eat dinner and hang out until its time for bed.  Repeat”There would also be segments of: “Found some cool projects on Pinterest that I don’t have the money to do/aren’t practical to do”As well as: “Why can’t I get a job?  Why can’t grad school make up their mind about if I’m accepted or not?”




But, alas, I have banished these thoughts and have decided to write about my life after graduating from Alma College.


Some things you should know about me.


1.  I have a Bachelors in History with a minor in Chemistry.  I spent the last semester of my Senior year trying to find ways to make a History major meaningful without going into teaching or law.  Its rough.


2.  I really want to work in Student Affairs.  Ideally I'd like to be in charge of Greek Life or be an Academic Advisor.  However, this is one field where you really DO need your Masters degree.  Job opportunities for those with just a Bachelors are slim and you're still competing with those who do have their Masters.


3.  I am a sorority girl which means that I like to do crafty things.  Correction, I like to ATTEMPT to do crafty things.  Be prepared for stories of craft failures.


4.  I'm in a weird period where I'm on the waiting list for grad school at University of Florida and am essentially waiting for one department to do their budget to see if they can accept me as a Grad Assistant.  This is causing lots of anxiety.  In the meantime, I'm still applying for jobs that are probably not going to give me an interview.


5.  I live in Alma with my boyfriend, Jim.  He's pretty awesome.


Those are the main things that should be known before I venture farther into blog-land.

No comments:

Post a Comment