Friday, July 6, 2012

More Thoughts on Graduate School

Well, I have re-started my graduate school search.  I'm giving myself plenty of time to get everything done this time.

My new list of schools is as follows
-University of Florida- Gainesville, FL
-Florida State University- Tallahassee, FL
-University of Georgia- Athens, GA
-Clemson University- Clemson, SC
-University of South Carolina- Columbia, SC
-Western Kentucky University- Bowling Green, KY
-University of Kentucky- Lexington, KY
-University of Akron- Akron, OH

There may be alterations to the list, but thats where I'm at so far.


I'm beginning to work on my Statement of Purpose, which I am finding to be the most difficult aspect.  Its hard to write about yourself in a manner that makes yourself look appealing to an admissions committee but not to the extent where you're obnoxious.  And each school requires something different for their application, so I'm going to be doing a lot of writing.

I also have to decide how many schools I can afford to apply to.  Its anywhere from $30-80 to apply to each school and an additional $20 to send the GRE scores there.

The one good thing is that I am keeping my same references for the letters of recommendation.  And since they already wrote letters last year, they should still have them on file.

My mother wants me to apply to Akron and WKU.  My cousin is the Athletic Director at Akron, which may do good things for me.  And WKU is only 90 miles away from where my parents live.  But they aren't really at the top of my list right now.  But we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment