Monday, July 23, 2012

WEDDINGS!

So, I've been busy lately with weddings.  Not my own, of course.

The first wedding was Jim's cousin, Lucy.  It was in Asheville, North Carolina and my first "Southern Wedding."  I also got to meet all of Jim's Mother's family.  Thankfully, they are very similar to my own family.  Since I didn't really know many people at this wedding, it was a little awkward.  But I still cried, non-the-less.

The next wedding was my best friend, Kim's.  I was a bridesmaid and helped with a lot of the planning and preparation.  It began with her Bachelorette party last Monday at the Soaring Eagle Waterpark hotel.  It was more casual and laid back.  No club-hopping or strippers.  Then on Tuesday Kim and I went to Manistee, her hometown and the wedding location, to start preparing.

She had made all of the centerpieces herself and we were also going to be doing all of the flowers ourselves.  The flowers weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be.  It probably took us about 4-5 hours to do 9 boutonnieres, 6 corsages and 5 bouquets.

The wedding was beautiful.  All of the bridesmaids cried through the entire wedding.  Then we smiled for lots and lots and lots of pictures.  The best part was taking pictures with the funny hats that Kristen, another bridesmaid, had in her car.

The reception was a ton of fun and there were quite a few Alma friends there, which made it even better.

I'm so happy that I was able to be a part of her big day.

I'll post more pictures as they become available.  But for now, I'm off to begin my crafting adventure.



1 comment: